TRUE Food Safe PETG - Eggshell White - 2.85mm - 1 KG
Couldn't load pickup availability
Do you need help choosing the right material or 3D Printer for your application or require a quote to purchase? Contact Us
The Filaments.ca TRUE Food Safe PETG (True FS PETG) is a 3D printing filament designed specifically for applications where food safety is required. Users can now 3D print objects such as cookie cutters, cake toppers, customized kitchen tools for restaurants, bakeries etc. while knowing that the material used is truly safe to come into contact with food.
Compared to our True Food Safe PLA, this PETG is both stronger and more heat resistant. It is also non-toxic, low-odor and safe to use indoors including at home/school/office/restaurant etc.
Our Food Safe PETG is unique because we have specifically taken all necessary steps and measures to ensure that food safety is a key component in the production of this filament. From FDA approved raw materials, including food safe color pigments and additives, to a clean manufacturing facility, good manufacturing practices, batch trace-ability, post extrusion testing, segregated storage and conformity certification.
In addition to being truly food safe, this filament is made from a high grade PETG. The material has excellent chemical resistance and is easy to print! Food Safe PETG has a heat distortion temperature of 70 ºC and vicant softening temperature of 85 ºC, this means that, unlike PLA, most 3D printed parts using this PETG material can be cleaned in most home dishwashers even without annealing the part.
- True 100% Food Safe. Fully controlled from raw material to production to warehousing.
- Made from high grade certified PETG.
- High chemical resistance.
- Ideal for high resolution and small detail prints.
- Low warp.
- High tensile strength
- High flexural strength
- High impact resistance
- 70 ºC HDT | 85 ºC VST
- Low odor
Important Notes Regarding Food Safety and 3D Printing:
Please note that while we have taken every measure to ensure that the product leaving our warehouse is completely food contact safe, there are other processes and risks beyond our control that are inherent to 3D printing. The following should be taken into consideration when dealing with 3D printed parts that will be in contact with food:
- Your 3D printer is comprised of several components which come into contact with the filament prior to extrusion, such as the gears, tube, hot-end assembly and nozzle. Please keep in mind that these parts are most likely not made of food contact grade components and are not being regularly cleaned/sanitized and as such may have an affect on the cleanliness of your final product. At a minimum, we recommend to use a stainless steel nozzle and try to keep your printer and printing environment as clean as possible.
- All FDM 3D printed parts have a surface finish comprised of visible layer lines created by the 3D printing process. These layer lines can harbor small pieces of food and promote the growth of bacteria, pathogens and other harmful contaminants. If your 3D printed part is expected to come into contact with food on a regular basis, measures should be taken to ensure that the part is thoroughly cleaned, sanitized and verified clean prior to use.
|NET WEIGHT: 1 KG (2.2 LB)|
|235°C - 245°C||